People with cerebral palsy and their families can be the most powerful supporters and promoters of cerebral palsy research.
CP Quest has been formed to involve people living with cerebral palsy and their families in decisions about CP research now and into the future. Your input is important.
My name is Shannon Clough. I am part of CP Quest and have stepped into the Chairperson role for the committee. When my beautiful son Ethan was born at 26 weeks he was diagnosed as being profoundly deaf and having severe cerebral palsy. I, like so many parents, wanted answers and, even though I have now lost my beautiful boy, I still want those answers for people with cerebral palsy and their families. Cerebral palsy research is the way.
We are people with cerebral palsy, parents of children with cerebral palsy and researchers from Cerebral Palsy Alliance.
I invite you to be part of our research community.
CP Quest aims to:
- Promote cerebral palsy research to those affected by cerebral palsy and the general public.
- Provide advice to Cerebral Palsy Alliance’s Research Foundation and Research Institute from the perspectives of people with cerebral palsy and their families.
- Assist with fundraising for critical cerebral palsy research.
Please become involved in CP Quest as a Research Partner and help guide CP research now and into the future:
Research Partner – Tasks
- From time to time contribute to research activities which require the assistance of people with cerebral palsy and their families.
- Activities might include:
- Giving feedback on information sheets, consent forms, questionnaires and surveys.
- Advising about important outcomes to measure as part of research studies.
- Advising about important topics on which to complete research.
- Involvement is by phone and email – any travel or face-to-face meetings are optional.
After you have read the Terms of Reference and feel that you would like to participate, we invite you complete an expression of interest.
People who volunteer will be required to register as a volunteer with Cerebral Palsy Alliance.